The YOURlibrarian@Arcadia Service
YOURlibrarian@Arcadia is here to support you! A librarian is dedicated to each new first-year student, and will help students get acquainted with the resources and services that the library provides. Your librarian can help you:
- Search library resources such as databases and e-books
- Get personalized research support
- Use services like interlibrary loan
- Connect with the right person to help answer your questions
YOURlibrarian@Arcadia can help with your questions about library resources. There are many ways the library helps students get started with research and develop into successful researchers.
- Research Consultations: Your librarian is happy to meet with you for one-on-one research consultations in person, via video conferencing, through email, and/or over the phone.
- Liaison Librarians: each academic discipline works with a librarian as a partner in providing research support, instructing students, and collecting materials.
- Research Guides: Librarians curate online resources that provide useful suggestions for search tools and sources by research area.
- Online Tutorials: Librarians create learning materials on a variety of topics including the steps in the research process and tips on using specific research tools.
Student Support Services
To a new student, it is not always obvious who or where to go to for help. Your librarian does not have the expertise or training to support all of a student’s needs, such as IT and computer support, tutoring, or writing help. However, your librarian can help you connect with the right person, department, or unit within the library or across campus to best assist you.
YOURlibrarian@Arcadia might help you connect with: