School of Education

School of Education Graduate Programs Admission

Admission Requirements for Graduate Education Programs

  1. A graduate application, including personal statements, to be completed online. Use the following application (please complete application via desktop for a better use experience). 
  2. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a recommended GPA of 3.0 or better.
  3. One official transcript from each college, university or professional school attended. Transfer credits included on a transcript must include grades earned; if not, an official transcript from the original school must be submitted. Transcripts must be sent from the issuing school in a sealed envelope and contain the appropriate signatures and seals to be considered official.
  4. Proof of any Pennsylvania teaching certificates.
  5. Two letters of recommendation. The letters must be of a professional, not personal nature. If the student has been out of school five years or fewer, at least one letter must come from a professor.
  6. Applicants for Pennsylvania Teacher Certification Programs must submit current clearances for Child Abuse, Criminal Background Check and FBI Fingerprinting. See information about Obtaining Clearances.
  7. International applicants should visit for detailed information on admission requirements and application procedures. Official results from the TOEFL or IELTS are required for all students for whom English is a second language except for non-native speakers of English who hold degrees or diplomas from post-secondary institutions in English-speaking countries (e.g. the United States, Canada, England, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand). A course-by-course evaluation of all transcripts by an independent evaluation service based in the United States also is required.

For more detailed information on how to apply, please see our graduate admissions requirements.

Application Deadlines/Rolling Admission

Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the year. Students may start in the Fall, Spring or Summer semester. 

Deferred Admission

Students accepted into programs with rolling admission must notify the Associate Dean of Graduate Studies, in writing, of their intent to delay enrolling in courses and provide a date on which they expect to begin coursework.